Sunday, February 12, 2006

UNC International Friendship Program event at Ackland Art Museum


For years, I have been a host with The University of North Carolina Office of International Student and Scholar Services's International Friendship Program. It allows me the privilege to get to know scholars from many countries, such as Korea, Japan, India, China, Hungary, Australia, and Thailand. They don't stay at my home, but I try to meet them as often as possible to have a meal or go out for some fun event.


Today the Program organized a Treasures from Around the World event at the Ackland Art Museum. After picking up a very nice Chinese couple that I have been hosting since the fall, Zheng and Xiaofang, we enjoyed some refreshments and a talk about the collection, then got to see the museum on our own.


I took a number of pictures which I hope to post soon. It is a small but nice museum with a focus on European, Chinese, and Indian art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home