Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Full Frame Festival is tomorrow through Sunday!


I have been active doing outreach for Full Frame. We're very lucky to have this world-class film festival in the town I live in, Durham, NC. It's the country's largest documentary film festival and this year features over 100 films. More than 1000 were submitted for films-in-competition; there are also several curated film series and workshops and parties, including films about Hurricane Katrina. The festival begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday - I'm going to try to catch as many films as possible.

To help me with outreach, I've been able to privately preview several films. I already wrote about I is for India, which I loved (and am considering purchasing the DVD, if it's available). Last night, I enjoyed the unbelievable-if-it-were-fiction, sad but true Freedom Summer, about the civil rights struggle in the 1960s and the violence and intolerance it faced. I also "relished" a few nights ago seeing Asparagus! A Stalk-umentary about the asparagus industry in Oceana County, Michigan. North Korea: A Day in the Life was a privileged view into a very closed society. Finally, I previewed John and Jane Toll Free, about Indian call centers.

I will make some comments here, but possibly not until after the festival is over. I also hope to write some reviews and publish them on the Internet Movie Database.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eleni Binge said...

The North Korean film was very interesting. I want to know what you thought of John and Jane toll-free too.

Wed Apr 12, 05:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home